Saturday, September 20, 2014

It's a Boy!



So.....we're pregnant and happy to shout it from the roof tops! We found out a while ago (back in May) but I'm just now finding the time to sit down and write about it:). We are so very excited and are enjoying the excitement of this pregnancy maybe as much as the first pregnancy.

This time we have a kid that is old enough to know what's going on. He's excited. When we told him at first a baby was growing inside my belly he had an inquisitive look on his face. Obviously he doesn't fully get the idea but we asked if he wanted a boy (brother) or a girl (sister). He first said sister and it was a sister he wanted for a couple of weeks. I was kind of surprised but then I thought maybe he just doesn't know any different since that's what he has already. I asked again another time and he said a boy and this time he was very persistent that the baby was a boy and had to be a boy.

Along came the day we would go in for our 8 week ultrasound. We brought the kids along. We thought it would be fun for them to get in on the excitement. So we're in the ultrasound room and since I'm not very far along they use the Transvaginal ultrasound. So I'm exposed waste down with just a thin paper sheet covering the top of me, Dave is holding Kate and not paying attention to where Luke is standing when the sonographer says, "Um, not sure you want your son to have the front view, you may want to move him." So Dave, quickly grabs Luke as he is curious to what is going on and Luke doesn't want to move! So embarrassing.

At this point the pregnancy is going as well as it goes in the first trimester. The usual all day nausea, hating all foods healthy and only eating carbs, to extreme tiredness. I felt so useless for those several several weeks. Thank goodness my kids both take a two hour nap at the same time. I got to take one with them pretty much everyday:). I gained my first 20 pounds as usual during the first trimester.

The entire pregnancy I had a gut feeling it was a boy. My symptoms were too eerily close to the same as when I was pregnant with Luke. I was very excited to find out whether I was right or wrong because this was going to help me determine whether or not I could ever trust my gut again (usually my gut is always wrong).

So the day came for us to find out the sex. We were running pretty late for the appointment because I have pregnant brain and thought my appointment was a later time. Dave ended up having to take Luke to preschool and drive separately to meet me at the appointment. I called the office on my way and they said I could be a little late so I decided to meet Dave at a parking lot so we could ride together the rest of the way. We're five minutes to the appointment and I hear a strange sound in the backseat {it sounded like water pouring}. I turn back to look and see Katelyn puking all over herself. I couldn't help but laugh so hard that I was crying. Then the overwhelming smell came and I had to roll the window down while still continuing to laugh tears. She looked so cute and so pathetic just sitting in her own vomit. And then...she pukes again! Again, laughter, uncontrollable laughter. I gave her an adult sized breakfast of bananas, oatmeal and milk and she literally threw the entire meal up! So, again, we're running late to the appointment and I was to scared for us to pull over because I thought the doctor's office would cancel our appointment {and there was no way I was going to reschedule the babies anatomy scan and miss out on knowing the sex another day!}. I had Dave keep driving until we got to the office. At that point I get to go inside and get started with the appointment while poor Dave has to clean up the horrible mess {now, you see why I could laugh the entire time she was puking instead of cry}. Dave makes it back with Kate with her smell of puke lingering. We make it to the ultrasound and as soon as the sonographer flashes the baby on the screen I immediately see 'it'. She said, "Would you like me to confirm?" And she did. It's a BOY! We're excited and can't wait to meet the little guy. We had a very eventful day that would never be forgotten.

Now we can start the baby planning and room planning. The nursery is pretty much set. It'll be Luke's room. Katelyn and Luke will now share a room.

Now, I'm passed the 1st trimester (whew) and well into the 2nd trimester, in fact, just 6 more weeks until I'm in the third trimester!! It's going SO fast. I'm not sure I have any real cravings, just want very specific things sometimes. I am on a kick for trail mix and make up my own version almost everyday. It's nice because it sustains, plus Luke and Katelyn like eating it too.

Here are some pics from the ultrasound and of course Kate wearing her puke:)













No comments:

Post a Comment