Katelyn has changed so much since last month. It's been so much fun to see her grow and develop every week. We've been soaking in every moment and unlike with Luke I have decided to hold her as much and as long as I want. I'm not so strict on my schedule as I was with Luke. I learned very quickly that the baby stage goes quick and once they hit toddler (1 year) they don't want to sit still and be held!
Luke has been so so sweet with his little sister. When Katelyn is on her activity mat, Luke gets down with her and kisses, hugs and talks to her. One day I heard him telling her "Daddy loves you" over and over again while lying next to her. It makes me so proud to see him already taking on the big brother role so well.
Here is what Katelyn's been up to!
- You smile a lot! You like when we get real close to your face and make funny baby sounds
- You gave your first laugh while Uncle Eric and Aunt Lauren were in town. Your first laugh was with Aunt Lauren and then cousin Elliana made you laugh
- Now you laugh often. When I copy your laugh you copy back. It sounds almost like a cough
- You coo and it sounds so sweet and girly
- You love your activity mat and have done well lifting your head up during tummy time
- You have become more efficient with nursing. You went from nursing up to 12x's a day in the first couple of weeks to 8x's a day to now 7-5x's a day!! You still like to nurse a long time but at least you cut the amount of times you nurse in half!
- You are pretty picking with how you like to be nursed. You started going on a little strike and now the only way I can get you to keep nursing is by walking you around. I guess I get to burn more calories while doing it!
- You went from sleeping 2-4 hour stretches the first couple weeks to 4-6 and now you are 6-8 hour stretches! You have an occasional 9 hour stretch but they're rare.
- Luke likes to hold you, read to you, wake you up in the morning by climbing into your crib, kissing you and hugging you
- You like to suck on your fingers.
- You still have all your hair!
- You're a gassy girl:). I have to tell people when I'm in public it was you that passed gas but I'm not sure they believe me:)