Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Luke's first day of preschool!


Luke had his first day of preschool today!! Oh my goodness, he was just too cute about the whole idea. In the weeks leading up I was preparing Luke for the idea; letting him know he would meet his teacher, play on a playground with big kids and make new friends. Finally that day arrived and Luke was more then ready for the big day. Before heading on the road he was a little upset that we couldn't bring Kate along. He kept saying, "Bring Kate, bring Kate." I thought he was going to cry about it. When we got to the school and he stepped foot in the classroom, he immediately dropped his book-bag to the floor and ran straight for the toys. It was harder for me to leave him then it was for him!

I tried not to think too much about what I was doing and only got teary eyed. As I drove away I panicked, realizing this was the first time I've left him somewhere that I couldn't get to him easily {or I wasn't in the room next to him}. It was a very scary feeling which then quickly turned into comfort realizing he was with staff that would love on him and show him God's love.

Thankfully it was just a two hour day for the tots {I think they intended this for parents too}, I was ready to see my baby as soon as I got home from dropping him off! When I got to his classroom their was no Luke in sight {wasn't too worried because I saw him in the classroom next door}. The teacher informed me Luke was just a little too old for the "younger 2's" class and was bumped up to "younger 3's." Luke's birthday falls right in the middle of the transition point and I had a feeling he was a little young for that class too. So I saw him finishing up with finger paint. He was so happy. It took us a few minutes to leave his classroom because he wanted to wear his backpack out and he refused to let Mommy help him put it on. So it took a little time but he got it on all by himself. He already wants to be a big boy after just one day of school!

We are so happy Luke gets the opportunity to go to preschool and interact and socialize with other kids. He is a very social and outgoing little guy. Thanks Grammy and Pa-Pa for the full-ride scholarship;). Luke is very happy:).







No comments:

Post a Comment