Sunday, April 21, 2013

Little Miss Kate's Room

Kate's room is complete! It took a while, mainly because I couldn't decide which direction to take. I was so excited about having a girl and decorating a girl's nursery but realized quickly there are so many cool ideas and directions you can take! There's the shabby chic, modern, eclectic and a million other ideas out there. After going back and forth and spending countless hours on the PC looking at different bedding and fabrics I decided I wanted to go in the modern/anthroplogie/eclectic direction. No real theme, just bright and fun! I didn't want anything too matchy matchy either, just a bunch of random things that looked nice together. Well, I think I pulled it off! We love it. It's so bright and cheery it makes us happy every time we walk in. The other great thing about it is the style can grow with Kate. It's not too baby to where we'll have to change it completely once she's a toddler, child and even a tween!

Below is a list of where I purchased most of her things:
Blue end table: Homegoods, Orange lamp: Homegoods, Picture frames: Homegoods, Rug: Anthropologie, White frames: Ikea, Flower light fixture: Ikea, Yellow/White window panels: Fabric.com ($7 a yard!), Fitted crib sheet: Pottery Barn (I realized after I bought it they have the same color and pattern at Target), Bedskirt: Fabric from local store Lewis and Sheron, Be Happy and Dream Big wall art: Etsy, Dresser and Crib: Stanley Young America, Rocker: Given to me by my Aunt and Uncle, Thank you!!:), Bookcase: Ikea, Flower vases: Anthropologie, Crewel ABC artwork: Made by my Mom, Framed knit flowers: Made by my grandmother aka Omi, Knitted blanket over crib: Heirloom made by my grandmother, Frame with bows: Pier 1, "K" above crib: Hobby Lobby, Flower art above crib: Bed, Bath and Beyond, Flower knobs at dresser: Anthropologie











No comments:

Post a Comment