Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! This year we hosted Thanksgiving at our house with the Gentile side. We had a house full for an entire week and boy did we go through some food! Thank goodness Grammy and Pop-Pop were gracious enough to pick up the tab during the week, thank you! We had so much fun with Dave's parents and brother and family in town. We were majorly tested during this week however with poor Luke being sick with a virus. He ran a fever for about 5 days that would reach to 103 sometimes. So he pretty much wanted Mommy or Daddy the entire week and not much play. It was hard to juggle nurturing a sick baby and making sure everyone is having a good time. I think it was tough on all of us at times but we got through it. Thank goodness he was well when we traveled to Florida for Christmas!

Funny side story: One evening during dinner Luke was sitting in Dave's lap. We're all eating and I'm trying to give him anything that he will take. Since he was sick he wasn't really eating all week. As we're talking and eating I noticed Luke had a look on his face like he didn't like whatever was in his mouth at the time. I put my hand under his mouth so that he could spit it out and he started puking in my hand! It just kept coming and coming and finally came to a stop. I was in such shock that all I could do was ball my eyes out in laughter/crying. As much as it was gross for the puke to land in my hand it was much easier to clean my hand rather then clothes!

Here are some pictures to highlight the week.







No comments:

Post a Comment