A little of what Luke was like this month:
- He's a little daydreamer.
- He's a little observer and copycat. With Elli in town, Luke would sit and watch her. It looked like he was just soaking in every little thing she did. When she left we realized he had picked up on alot of things she was doing. i.e. learned to use a pacifier, mimics some of her sounds, eats better, etc.
- He loves to put toys in and out of bins. He watched Daddy one day throwing something in the trash can. When Daddy walked away Luke opened the lid to the trash can and tossed the toy he was playing with in the trash! I think we may have to routinely check the trash now for toys or any other items he may want to throw away:).
- He walks! His first two steps were back in the first week of December. He started full on walking during Christmas break.
- He claps and it's so cute! His first clap was about two days after Christmas.
- He got his first BAD cold. The poor guy had a fever for about 4 days and a snotty nose for two weeks. He lost his voice and couldn't even cry. Christmas day was the worst for him. He was so sick all he wanted to do was lay on Mommy and Daddy the whole day.
- Luke is still slow in the eating solids department. He loves his starches, dairies and meats but he still has a hard time with the fruit and veggies. We know he likes them because he'll eat them as baby food so we've concluded it's a texture issue and that we'll have to work him through it. This means much patience for Mommy and Daddy:).
- He's really good at signing "milk" but we've now noticed he thinks the "milk" sign may mean getting something he wants. We're working on other signs for "more, please, pacifier, Mommy and Daddy."
- He definitely likes kids and notices the difference.
~Here's our Munchkin at 11 Months~