Thursday, August 25, 2011

Luke's First Beach Trip!

Luke had his first trip to Florida and my gosh was it packed full of fun. First, we went to Orlando and stayed at the nice Omni Resort where there were pools, lazy rivers and golf. We met Grammy, Pop-Pop, Aunt Heather, Uncle Nick and cousins Isabella, Olivia and Max. It was so much fun to hang out with everyone and absolutely adorable to see Luke interact with his cousins. He played so nicely with them! Second, Dave and I spent a night at Clearwater Beach. It was supposed to be two nights but a monsoon decided to come through and it was a little hard to keep a baby cooped up in a hotel room for an entire day let alone two days. Then of course the end of the trip in Tampa was beautiful  without a rain cloud in site so we decided to make day trips to the beach. We were excited and anxious to let Luke meet the ocean for the first time. The first day the waves were a little ruff and we thought it may scare Luke. Dave and I were prepared to take it slow because we didn't want Luke to have a bad experience. Well, Luke loved it! We decided to sit him in the sand right at the shore line. So what did Luke decide to do? He dug his little hands in the sand scooped a handful and shoved it into his mouth! To say he loved it would be an understatement. One of the waves knocked him down and giggles from Luke were the aftermath. We got a few glares from onlookers. They looked at us like we were crazy having an infant in the water. The rest of the day was spent surfing the waves. Later that evening Grammy and Pop-Pop had relatives over for a "Welcome to the World" party for Luke. He got to meet almost all of his relatives on the Gentile side.

Funny Story: We grabbed some food and headed to the beach one afternoon and as we were sitting enjoying our meal a HUGE and when I say huge I mean about (40) seagulls flocked our way and hovered above our heads. They were literally inches from hitting our heads. I have never in my life been scared of birds. In fact, I've made fun of those who are and thought, how could anyone be scared of such little, harmless creatures?? Well the joke was on me this time. I got so freaked out I started running with the only things in my arms being my diaper bag and drink. As I was running I look up to see the (40) seagulls followed me and were STILL hovering inches from my head I freaked out again dropped my diaper bag and drink and started running again. I got low to the ground and they FINALLY flew away. My heart was racing! I looked back at Dave and Luke to see Dave laughing uncontrollaby.

Here are some pictures from the trip. We can't wait for the next trip!








No comments:

Post a Comment