It's crazy how every month you gain a little bit of sanity back. I even tried a couple days of working out again. This month Kate slept 9-11 hour stretches at night. Ahhh, such a nice thing to be able to get uninterrupted sleep. This month we celebrated Father's Day and 4th of July and Grammy and Pop-Pop came to visit again. Last month we went to Hilton Head with friends and Uncle Eric, Aunt Lauren and family came to visit and meet Katelyn for the first time.
What's Kate been up too?
- You like all your naps in your crib, I've tried to give you them in your swing and you don't like it. In fact, you don't like your swing at all really.
- You are our little snow white. Such fair skin, blue eyes (for now) and dark hair.
- You're becoming more aware of your surroundings. This means you get very distracted when you nurse so I try and wait until you are very hungry before I feed you:).
- You used to do really well in the car but now you've gotten a little more tiresome and fussy.
- You are your happiest in the mornings. When I get you from the crib you give Luke, Daddy and I big smiles and laughs.
- You've giggled a handful of times. I LOVE this and wish you would do it more often. Maybe this month since you're a little older.
- You like to tap your hand on our shoulders when we hold you.
- You love to be held (but not in the cradle position) you also like to fall asleep being held. This is the only other way you prefer your naps.
- You are still pretty feisty when it comes to nursing. I still have to walk you around every now and then. You definitely don't like to be soothed with nursing. I tried this a couple of times with you when you were crying and it just made you more mad.
- You are a squeaker. Luke laughs and tries to copy your sounds. He says they're funny.
- You've got rolls and rolls and rolls. So many rolls that I have to make sure they're clean and dry. You developed small sores in them this month. Your neck is like a little accordian of folds. I'm looking forward to your neck strengthening so I don't have to worry about any more sores!
- You like to stretch. I tilt you back while holding you and stretch your arms and legs.
- You like to grab and pull at your toys and blankets. Your favorite toy is a little dolly.
- You LOVE your activity mat. You kick your legs so fast when you get excited. You also make really cute girly sounds.
- You like to watch your brother and you two get along so well. It makes my heart so happy.
- You have very cute expressions. Some of my favorites are your smiles, your furrowed brow, your distressed look and your pouty cry.
- You like to look up at me and smile when you are nursing.
- You are notorious for having blow-out diapers in your car seat. I've had to wash it a couple times this month. When I'm driving I can hear you grunting and I just know when I get you out of the seat I'm going to find slimy yellow goo everywhere!:)
- You like to suck on your fingers
- You really despise tummy time. I'm trying so hard to get you to like it but you get so mad!
And lastly, our photo shoot. These may be redundant but I couldn't help myself. She's just so stinkin' cute!